Customer Experience Manager
Job Title: Customer Experience Manager
Department: Marketing & Sales
Employment Class: Full-Time Regular
Pay: Exempt $41,000.00 - $52,000.00
Expected Hours: Minimum 40 hours/week
Dates of Employment/Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Strategic Partnerships
Housing Available: No
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
The employees of Keystone Science School collectively work for the mission, and truly live the Vision and Values! We offer competitive health and welfare benefits. Our campus is located at 9,200 feet on the site of Old Keystone Village in Keystone, Colorado. Our historic 23-acre campus serves as the ultimate outdoor laboratory and is the home base for our diverse suite of programs. Our facilities include modern log-style dormitories, a central dining hall, an outdoor amphitheater, an observatory, and a geothermal field. Visit www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Program Overview and Job Summary:
The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for the creation and implementation of an amazing customer experience for all KSS programs. This is a supervisory role that works with a team of bilingual Customer Experience Specialists which adjusts in size throughout the calendar year. Together, this team is responsible for all client communication, managing adminitsrative aspects of a program such as contract creation, accounts payable, tracking of program specific paperwork, and direct sales of K-12 Outdoor Eduction programs. A successful Customer Experience Manager is able to work independently, is a master problem solver, quick learner, detail oriented, and excited to creatively steer clients along all steps of the customer journey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main areas of focus for this position are:
- 30% Direct Sales
- 30% Customer Experience Management
- 20% Staff Management
- 20% Administrative
Due to COVID-19, Keystone Science School has made several critical decisions to ensure the long-term financial health of the organization. These decisions include the reduction of programming, a short-term reduction in pay, and program facilitation by all year round staff, including this position. KSS is supporting each year round employee during this time with a reduced work schedule and operates a 4-day work week. While it is not guarenteed, it is expected that all KSS year round staff will have their regular pay reinstated and will resume a 5-day work week on May 1st. Please visit the Resiliency and Restart section of the KSS website to learn more about KSS’s management of operatins during the COVID-19 pandemic
Program Revenue Generation
- Partner with the Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Director and Content Coordinator to develop a strategy to generate leads and increase name recognition of KSS programs;
- Implement the direct sales strategy and work to recruit new and current schools, groups, and campers for all KSS fee-for-service programs;
- Partner with the Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Director and Content Coordinator in development and implementation of the strategic plan for the KSS School Store.
- Manage a team of Customer Experience Specialists which includes hiring, training, and coaching.
Customer Experience Management
- Partner with Program Managers to ensure all students, campers, and teachers are well informed and have a positive customer experience;
- Partner with Customer Experience Specialists to ensure that parents, students, campers, and all participants receive the necessary information pertinent to any program;
- Work with Customer Experience Specialists to manage all registration processes, systems, and software;
- Partner with Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Director, Development Director and all Program Managers to track and report on client satisfaction.
- Track and generate reports for all fee-for-service programs;
- Partner with Customer Experience Specialists in the creation of all contracts, accounts receivable, and client paperwork collection.
Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to be creatively solve problems and think 'outside the box';
- Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
- Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
- Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, and weekends;
- Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions;
- Have an interest in, respect for, and ability to work with children.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales or marketing which can include direct sales, retail sales, or non-profit development;
- Minimum of 1-year experience managing staff;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form;
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and other CRM software;
- Experience working within a “experience” focused industry such as summer camp, resort, or other recreation based industry.
There are occasional needs for travel to the Denver Metro area for meetings or tabling events.
The physical demands of this position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Our work environment:
As our country battles the COVID-19 pandemic, KSS considers local and state public health directives and guidance when considering the safest work environment for staff. Depending on where Summit County is at in numbers, KSS will advise staff to work remotely a percentage of the time, using the most up-to-date guidance. This is very dynamic and can change at any time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job when not in the COVID-19 pandemic. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with his/her teammates. The office space is small and the employee must have the ability to stay focused while others are working in close proximity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works outside in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary, plus a generous benefits package: medical, dental, vision,and Paid Time Off.
Ready to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.